According to the Administration on Aging’s (AoA) statistics, the elderly make up a significant 12.9 percent of the total population in the USA. Furthermore, by 2030, the number is predicted to rise to 19%. The perfect means to take care of this part of the population is to stay in touch with them while staying secure and self-sufficient.
Technology has caused the advancement of numerous unique communication systems that allow the elderly to communicate with their loved ones at any time. Taking care of the elderly can be mentally and physically challenging, but there is an excellent way. A two-way radio is one of these.
The Demand for Two-Way Radios
Using an effective two-way communication device, such as radios, is one of the most excellent methods to care for the elderly while keeping their independence. This ensures that both parties can communicate with each other at any moment. Suppose a caregiver understands how to use a two-way communication device. In that case, they can deal with their daily chores without worrying about the elderly person.
Why the Elderly Needs Two-Way Radios
Physical health weakens as a person gets older. Many of their essential body organs might not function to their full potential. Eye problems, weak muscles, and the inability to move quickly are frequent issues that might obstruct an aged person’s everyday tasks and liberty of movement.
Consequently, they are more at risk of accidents and diseases that require immediate attention. It’s a matter of life and death when it comes to speed. Although caregivers can offer the elderly their entire focus, they may not wish to give up their independence.
Benefits of Two-Way Radios
A few of the benefits of two-way radios include the following:
Excellent Key Features
- These radios are highly resilient and can withstand being dropped, exposed to rain, dirt, or dust, and operating in high temperatures.
- These radios have a two-way capability that allows caregivers to check on the elderly regularly. This is relatively important since the elderly, who frequently suffer from hearing loss, may not have the ability to listen to your voice from across the room.
- Depending on the model you choose, you can use it for short- and long-distance communication. Two way radio Marietta can offer a wide variety of models you can choose from.
- These two-way radios are also suitable for disabled people.
- They are simple to use and just require the press of a button to communicate.
- Handheld variants can be readily attached to your belt or various other accessories, freeing up your hands for other jobs.
- Their portability makes them ideal for use anywhere, enabling you to keep the device with you at all times., Please visit Diversified Electronics Inc. for the latest technologies that can help you.
- They are not exceedingly costly. You may communicate for a marginal price without using any kind of mobile phone service. There are no ongoing monthly charges. For more info about a budget-friendly solution for your communication needs.
There are several two-way radio models on the market, and many of them have unique characteristics. When choosing a two-way radio system for senior care, consider the different features and energy. You must choose one that the elderly can easily bring and operate in your house.
Examine the Ingress Protection or IP ranking of a system before buying it. The IP rating shows how resistant the two-way radio is to foreign objects and moisture. Look for a radio that is comfortable to grasp and bring and has easily visible buttons. These two-way radios come in a wide range of prices, from under $50 to hundreds of dollars.